Westpac Airpoints World Mastercard.
Our premium Airpoints™ credit card with a range of exclusive benefits to suit your lifestyle, from our fastest Airpoints Dollar™ earn rate to Status Points, travel insurance, Koru benefits, and more.
- Earn one Airpoints Dollar for every $70 spent on your card on eligible purchases1 – our fastest Airpoints earn rate.
- Earn one Status Point for every $225 you spend on your card on eligible purchases1 and climb Airpoints membership tiers to enjoy exclusive travel benefits.
- Two complimentary Valet Parking eVouchers each year2.
- Priority Pass lounge access to over 1,300 airport lounges around the world3.
- Koru membership joining fee waived, plus get a $145 discount off a 12-month individual membership4.
- Up to 120 days of overseas travel insurance per round trip5.
- Extended Warranty Insurance of up to 12 months for goods purchased on your Airpoints World Mastercard, plus 90 days Purchase Protection that could cover loss, theft or accidental damage5.
- Six monthly account fee of $155 waived if you spend $50,000 or more between your fee charges6.
- Access to a wide range of travel experiences and privileges with Mastercard Travel and Lifestyle Services. Hotel, flights and card programs especially curated for you by Mastercard7.
- Up to 44 days interest free on purchases when you pay off your balance in full by the payment due date8 (more about credit card interest-free periods).
- 200 Airpoints™ Dollars Advance available to you if you’re a little short on what you need for a reward9.
- Withdraw cash from overseas banks and ATMs within the Global ATM Alliance, and pay no international transaction fee10.
- Make contactless payments without a PIN for transaction amounts up to the local country limit.
Keeping you safe.How we protect you online
With CardGuard® you’re protected 24/7 from fraudulent activity11. So you can use your card anywhere, anytime, and leave your worries behind.
Whether you have lost your credit card or it’s been stolen, we’re always on hand to help. You can also apply a temporary block in Westpac One® online banking.
Safer online shopping
Mastercard® Identity Check is an extra layer of security that helps us make sure it’s definitely you that’s using your card online.
Up to 44 Interest free days on purchases⁸.
Interest rates are subject to change.
Fees are subject to change.
Some overseas banks and ATMs may charge an extra fee for a cash advance.
Things you should know.
1 The following purchases and transactions do not earn Airpoints Dollars™ or Status Points (see the applicable Credit Card Conditions of Use for full details): cash withdrawals, tax payments, payments for cash equivalents (e.g. travellers' cheques, money orders and gambling chips) and business-related purchases made with a Westpac Airpoints credit card other than a Westpac Airpoints Business Mastercard. Status Points earned on applicable credit cards only. Airpoints Dollars and Status Points will be earned on the first $60,000 of eligible spend in each relevant month only. The relevant month is the statement period set out in your statement. Any spend over $60,000 on eligible purchases in each relevant month will not earn Airpoints Dollars or Status Points.
2 Valet Parking eVouchers will be automatically loaded and stored in your Airpoints Account, and are valid for a 12 month period. Each eVoucher entitles you to 24 hours complimentary Valet Parking at Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch Airports. For more details refer to https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints-credit-card-benefits.
3 Use of your Priority Pass card and access to Priority Pass airport lounges are subject to the Priority Pass Terms and Conditions. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees or contractors may not be eligible for access.
4 May only be used in conjunction with Koru Individual Memberships. Koru programme terms and conditions apply. Koru joining fee and/or Koru annual membership fee will not be refunded if it has already been paid to Air New Zealand.
5 Terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply (see applicable policy document for details), including a minimum spend for business travel. Travel, Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection Insurances arranged by Westpac and underwritten by AIG Insurance New Zealand Limited. Westpac does not guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by, AIG.
6 $310 per year. Fee charged in advance in two 6-monthly instalments of $155 each. This is refunded when you spend $50,000 or more in the previous six-monthly period.
7 Any costs incurred by using the Mastercard Travel and Lifestyle Services are at the cardholder’s expense.
8 Interest free days give you access to interest-free credit - if you pay off your balance in full (excluding balance transfers) by the payment due date. Cash advances are not purchases and have no interest free days. See credit card interest-free period page for how it works.
9 For details on Airpoints Dollars Advance and Airpoints Dollars expiry see airnewzealand.co.nz/airpoints.
10 Transaction fees do not apply when using ATMs within the Global ATM Alliance in the respective country shown. Institutions participating in the Global ATM Alliance are subject to change but currently include Deutsche Bank (Germany), Bank of America (United States), Scotiabank (Canada), Barclays Bank (United Kingdom), BNP Paribas (France), Westpac (Australia) and Westpac (New Zealand). The NZ$2 for credit card and NZ$3 for debit card international transaction fee saving applies to Westpac customers only, and is subject to change. All other international and standard fees apply including foreign currency conversion fees apply – see the Transaction and Service Fees Brochure for details.
11 Provided you notify us as soon as possible, have not acted fraudulently or negligently, and have complied with the card’s Conditions of Use.
12 Apple Pay is available to all eligible Westpac debit and credit Mastercard customers. Excludes Mastercard BusinessCard, Westpac Business Prepaid Mastercard, hotpoints Visa, hotpoints Gold Visa, hotpoints Portfolio Gold Visa, Prepaid and Global Currency cards. Customers also need a compatible Apple Device.
13 Rate will apply to balance(s) transferred until that balance(s) is paid off. Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions and lending criteria apply. All applications are subject to Westpac approval. You cannot transfer a balance from a Westpac card or loan. You can transfer up to 95% of your available credit card limit. Your card must remain within its credit limit after the balance has been transferred. Balances cannot be transferred to a Mastercard® BusinessCard/Purchasing Card. Balance transfers do not earn Airpoints Dollars™ or hotpoints®. Payments you make to your Westpac credit card will first go to charges and interest accrued, then to cash advances and purchases, followed by balance transfers as they appear on your last statement. Payments will then be applied to transactions that have not yet appeared on a statement in the same order. If you have multiple balance transfer rates, payments will first be applied to the balance transferred on the highest interest rate. Interest rates are subject to change without notice. All new purchases, cash advances and any unpaid interest or fees will incur interest at the standard interest rate in accordance with the card’s Conditions of Use.
You must be a member of Air New Zealand’s Airpoints™ programme to earn Airpoints Dollars.
Mastercard is a registered trade mark and the circles design is a trade mark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Terms and conditions
Eligibility criteria, lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. See:
- Westpac Airpoints World Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Airpoints Terms and Conditions
- Transaction and Service Fees Brochure
View terms and conditions for all our credit card products here.