As a current Westpac customer, you are able to apply for financial assistance if you experience unforeseen problems such as:
You must reasonably expect that a change to your lending agreement would enable you to meet your obligations going forward and not put you in further hardship. We will consider this as part of your application.
KiwiSaver significant financial hardship
For more information click here
You can apply online by completing the form below.
Financial Hardship Application form
You can also apply by printing and filling in the form below.
You can either
- Drop it off at your local Westpac branch
- Post it to, Westpac New Zealand Limited, PO Box 934, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140,
- Email it to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download PDF Financial Hardship Application form
How we can help
Some of the things we may be able to offer are:
- An extension of the loan term
- A postponement of repayments for a specified period
- Extension of both the loan term and postponement of repayments for a specified period.
If you have questions about this process, you can find out more in our frequently asked questions section or contact our Customer Care team on 0800 402 802, between 8am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Information for Budget Advisors and Authorised Third Parties
If you are a budget advisor or third party you are also able to complete the Financial Hardship Application form. For further information please call our Customer Care team between 8am and 5.30pm on 0800 402 802, Monday to Friday.