Once your application has been assessed, we will advise you of the outcome in writing. If your application has been declined, we will also provide the reason for this in writing.

Please note that even if your application does not meet the eligibility criteria for an unforeseen hardship application under the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003, we may be able to provide other assistance on a case-by-case basis.

If you’re unhappy with any of our decisions you can make a complaint, and if you’re still unhappy once we’ve completed our complaint review you can ask for help from the Banking Ombudsman Scheme through their free, external dispute resolution service. You can find all the details of how to make a complaint with us here.

You also have the right to apply to the court to make changes if you’ve made a financial hardship application and you don’t agree with the outcome. Before doing so you may wish to explore your options by taking legal advice or getting independent free advice about consumer rights from the Citizens Advice Bureau who are available on 0800 367 222.