This home loan option is a great choice if you want certainty. By fixing your interest rate, you can be sure it will stay the same for a set period of time.
- Competitive interest rates.
- Budget with confidence knowing what your repayments will be.
- Fix the term of your interest rate from six months up to five years.
How it works.
A Choices Fixed Home Loan gives you certainty on how much you will be paying, plus the ability to tailor your loan to your needs.
Features in detail
- A loan term of up to 30 years
- Choose fortnightly or monthly repayments
- Choice of a table, reducing or interest only1 repayment structure
- Choose to split your home loan with a floating home loan option for both flexibility and certainty
- Apply to top up your loan by $5,000 or more at any time
- Increase your regular payments by up to 20% above the minimum repayment at any time unless a higher regular repayment amount was agreed before the start of your fixed rate period
- One-off lump sum repayments are possible, however a prepayment cost is likely to apply
- If you are moving, you might be able to transfer your loan to your new home
- At the end of your fixed rate period you can roll your home loan over onto a new fixed rate, switch to a floating rate, or mix and match options.
You can lock in an interest rate and a term that suits you.
* Min 20% equity, plus salary credit to a Westpac transaction account. Not available with any other Westpac home loan offers, promotions or package discounts, or the Westpac Choices Home Loan with Airpoints™. Loans for business or investment purposes excluded.
If you don’t pay amounts when they’re due, your loan account may exceed its limit and the rate of interest that’ll be applied to the overlimit amount will be the interest rate + 5% p.a.
Get in touch.
Meet with an expert
Our Mobile Mortgage Managers can come to you, when it suits you best.
Talk to us
Call us from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm Saturday.
Make an appointment to talk to a home loan expert in branch.
Existing customers can apply for a home loan via Westpac One® online banking.
Things you should know.
1 Interest only loans are available for a maximum of 3 years for owner occupied properties or 5 years for investment properties.
Interest rates are subject to change without notice. Westpac's home loan lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. A low equity margin may apply.
Documents and fees
See the detailed terms and conditions, and fees, for our Choices Fixed home loan:
- Choices Home Loan Summary - Sample
- Choices Home Loan Terms and Conditions
- Transaction and Service Fees
- Westpac General Terms and Conditions