Fixed rate rollover.
When the fixed rate period comes to an end on your home loan, you'll have several options to choose from.
Smarten up your home.
Refix your home loan and be in to win
If you refix your home loan by 31 July 2022, you’ll automatically go in the draw to win one of five incredible smart home vouchers worth $5,000 each.
You could create an entertainer's haven with a 4K smart TV, secure your home with a wireless camera security system or keep your house green with smart efficient lighting… the choice is yours.
How can I book in a new fixed rate?
You can book in a new fixed rate up to 60 days before the end of your current fixed term through Westpac One® online banking (if eligible) or by getting in touch with us. In case interest rates change after you book in your new fixed term, you can choose to rate lock.
This will give you peace of mind that this is the fixed rate you'll get during your next term (though if rates get better, you can still break your rate lock for a fee1).
If you don't choose to take a rate lock, your rate is subject to change in line with the market environment. If you book your new fixed rate in Westpac One, we’ll lock your rate automatically for you.
Get flexibility with a floating rate
If you don't do anything before your fixed term ends, you will automatically roll onto our current Choices Floating interest rate. This gives you the flexibility to pay lump sums off your loan or increase your regular payments whenever you want with no prepayment costs.
Enjoy the best of both worlds by splitting
Splitting your loan between fixed and floating rates enables you to pay off lump sums on the floating portion of your loan without prepayment costs, while having certainty that your repayments will stay the same on the fixed portion.
Save money by offsetting
If you've built up some savings, you could use it to potentially cut years off your loan. Offset an eligible Westpac transaction or savings account against your floating home loan and you could save thousands on interest payments.
Things you should know.
1 A fee of $30 will apply to break or change a rate lock agreement. If you change your mind after booking a fixed rate through Westpac One, you can change your rate by contacting us at 0800 336 933 up to three business days before the start of your new rate. A $30 rate lock break fee will apply. Usual fixed term prepayment costs will apply to any changes to your new fixed rate from the start date of your new fixed term onwards.
Westpac's home loan lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. An establishment fee may apply. A low equity margin may apply.
Refix your home loan competition terms.
Entry into this prize draw constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Entry is automatic for all retail loan account customers who re-fix an existing Westpac fixed rate home loan or rate lock a floating loan between 1 April 2022 and 31 July 2022.
- There are five prizes of Noel Leeming vouchers valued at $5,000 each to be won.
- A random prize draw from eligible entrants will be made by 31 August 2022. Five winners will be drawn.
- One draw entry per customer.
- Winners will be notified by telephone by 31 August 2022. If winner is not reasonably able to be contacted within 5 days of the prize draw, the prize shall be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
- By entering, you consent to Westpac publishing your name, should you win on the Westpac NZ Facebook page and in any other forum that Westpac considers appropriate.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Westpac may substitute the prize or any portion of the prize with an alternative prize of equivalent value without notice.
- If Westpac cannot run the prize draw as planned, Westpac may extend the entry period or postpone or cancel the prize draw. If so, a notice will be posted at westpac.co.nz/frr.
- Westpac may disqualify an entrant for (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions; or (c) engaging in any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion.
- All decisions made by Westpac are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You are fully responsible for any tax implications arising from accepting the prize.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Westpac (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damage or injury (including loss of opportunity and any personal injury, whether physical or mental) arising in any way out of the prize draw or acceptance or use of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither Westpac nor its agents will be responsible for the quality of any prize once issued. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify a consumer's rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or any other statutory rights that the winner may have in relation to the prize.
- The Promoter is Westpac New Zealand Limited (“Westpac”).