First Home Loan.
It could be easier than you think to get into your first home. With a First Home Loan through Westpac and Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities, you only need a 5% deposit.
- Get into your first home sooner, with as little as 5% deposit.
- Option to purchase a home with family or friends.
- Choose from floating or fixed home loan options.
- A one-off Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) premium applies instead of a low equity margin (LEM).
Qualifying for a First Home Loan.
- Your total annual household income before tax is $95,000 or less for one borrower, $150,000 or less for one borrower with one or more dependents, or a combined annual income of $150,000 or less for two or more borrowers
- You will have to live in the home
- Must be buying a first home
- You are a permanent New Zealand resident or New Zealand citizen
- If you are a KiwiSaver member you might also be eligible for additional assistance.
To get in touch.
Meet with an expert
Our Mobile Mortgage Managers can come to you, at a time and place that suits you best.
Talk to an expert
Request a call back from a Mobile Mortgage Manager.
Make an appointment to talk to a home loan expert in branch.
Existing customers can apply for a home loan via Westpac One® online banking.
Things you should know.
First Home Loan terms & conditions
1 A Westpac First Home Loan can only be used for the purchase of an owner-occupied first home. Income caps apply. A one-off lenders mortgage insurance premium applies. Current First Home Loan and Westpac’s eligibility criteria and home loan lending criteria, terms and conditions apply.
General Home Loan terms & conditions
Interest rates are subject to change without notice.
Documents and fees
- Choices Home Loan Summary - Sample
- Choices Home Loan Terms and Conditions
- Transaction and Service Fees
- Westpac General Terms and Conditions