First Home Loan.
It could be easier than you think to get into your first home. With a First Home Loan through Westpac and Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities, you only need a 5% deposit.
- Get into your first home sooner, with as little as 5% deposit.
- Option to purchase a home with family or friends.
- A one-off Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) premium applies instead of a low equity margin (LEM).
- Choose from floating or fixed home loan options.
Qualifying for a First Home Loan.
- Your total annual household income before tax is $95,000 or less for one borrower or a combined annual income of $150,000 or less for two or more borrowers
- You will have to live in the home
- Must be buying a first home
- You are a permanent New Zealand resident or New Zealand citizen
- You must be buying a home under the applicable cap for your region - see below for details
- If you are a KiwiSaver member you might also be eligible for additional assistance.
Get in touch.
Meet with an expert
Our Mobile Mortgage Managers can come to you, when it suits you best.
Talk to us
Call us from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm Saturday.
Make an appointment to talk to a home loan expert in branch.
Things you should know.
First Home Loan terms & conditions
1 A Westpac First Home Loan can only be used for the purchase of an owner-occupied first home. Income caps and regional loan caps apply. A one-off lenders mortgage insurance premium applies. Current First Home Loan and Westpac’s eligibility criteria and home loan lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. An establishment fee may apply.
Westpac Homesaver terms and conditions apply. For more details, refer to Westpac HomeSaver.
General Home Loan terms & conditions
Interest rates are subject to change without notice.
Documents and fees
- Choices Home Loan Summary - Sample
- Choices Home Loan Terms and Conditions
- Transaction and Service Fees
- Westpac General Terms and Conditions