First Home Loan.
It could be easier than you think to get into your first home. With a First Home Loan through Westpac and Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities, you only need a 5% deposit.
Qualifying for a First Home Loan.
- Your total annual household income before tax is $85,000 or less for one borrower, or $130,000 or less for two
- You will have to live in the home
- Must be buying a first home
- You are a permanent NZ resident or NZ citizen
- You must be buying a home under the applicable cap for your region - see below for details
- If you are a KiwiSaver member you might also be eligible for additional assistance.
Get in touch.
Meet with an expert
Our Mobile Mortgage Managers can come to you, when it suits you best.
Talk to us
Call us any time from 8am - 6pm weekdays, 9am - 3pm Saturday.
Make an appointment to talk to a home loan expert in branch.
Things you should know.
First Home Loan terms & conditions
1 A Lenders Mortgage Insurance Premium applies. Current First Home Loan and Westpac's home loan lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. An establishment charge may apply.
2 Conditional approval requires a credit check and confirmation of the details provided in your application. Other conditions may also apply depending on the nature of your application.
Westpac Homesaver Terms and Conditions apply. For more details, refer to Westpac HomeSaver.
General Home Loan terms & conditions
Interest rates are subject to change without notice.
Documents and fees
View terms and conditions for all our home lending products here.