Prebuilt is a home loan option that gives you the benefit of innovative, modular homes which can be quicker to build and cost less. From small 2-bedroom houses through to larger family homes, Prebuilt opens the door to modern, factory-built houses that can be transported on-site.
The benefits of Prebuilt include:
- a loan on prefabricated homes that are more efficient to build, which can result in a faster build at a lower cost
- requires as little as 10% deposit^
- 12 months conditional approval so you have plenty of time to find the right section and plan your build*
What kind of home can I get with a Prebuilt loan?
Want to know if a prefab home is right for you? Visit Prefab NZ to learn more about how you can benefit from building a prefabricated home.
How does a Prebuilt loan work?
A Prebuilt loan is similar to a normal construction loan, except that it covers homes that have been built in a factory rather than a traditional new home built on-site.
While prefab housing is quicker and more efficient to build, there are a few extra requirements associated with a Prebuilt loan to help protect you financially, including:
- Additional insurance cover during the different stages of the construction including the initial construction and transportation to site, and;
- Some requirements for your builder to meet prior to construction.
Talk to us to see if Prebuilt is right for you.
If you feel like Prebuilt might be suitable for you, just get in touch with a Mobile Mortgage Manager. They can meet you at work, at home, at a cafe, or even in the middle of an empty section. They'll meet you at a time that works best for you and are available seven days a week, and can provide no obligation advice on the process.