Prebuilt home loan.
A home loan option for construction of prefabricated homes. You could have a prefabricated home that's more affordable than traditional options.
- Prebuilt home loans are purpose-designed for prefabricated (prefab) houses.
- You need as little as 10% deposit¹.
- Provides funding while the house is being built at the factory.
- Conditional approval, giving you plenty of time to find the right section and plan your build².
How it works.
Designed for pre-built homes
Prebuilt is similar to a normal construction loan. The difference is, it covers prefabricated homes that are built in a factory and transported on to your site. This is why prefab homes are quicker and more cost-effective to build.
With a pre-built home, there are a few extra requirements to protect you financially. These include:
- Additional insurance cover during the different stages of the construction (i.e. the initial build and transportation to site)
- Some requirements for your builder to meet before construction begins.
What kind of home can I get?
From a tiny house to a spacious family home, you might be surprised at all the different sizes and styles of prefabricated homes. Visit Prefab NZ to learn more.
Things you should know.
1 High LVR loans are only permitted for a new build with a single fixed price contract that specifies a completed, ready to live in property. We may require you to protect against loss of deposit, non-completion and workmanship risks with a satisfactory insurance product. A low equity margin may apply.
2 Conditional approval requires a credit check for all applicants, confirmation of the details provided in your application and responsible lending inquiries. Other conditions may also apply depending on the nature of your application.
Westpac's eligibility criteria, home loan lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. An establishment fee may apply. A low equity margin may apply.
Documents and fees
See the detailed terms and conditions and fees for our Choices Home Loan:
- Choices Home Loan Summary - Sample
- Choices Home Loan Terms and Conditions
- Transaction and Service Fees
- Westpac General Terms and Conditions