Property Investment Calculator
Whether you’re buying your first rental property or you’ve done it before, you can use this calculator to help you do the sums. Get an indication of what it might cost you and what your return could be now and in the future.
Assumptions for projected returns
- The projected estimated return assumes “estimated capital gain”, “interest rate”, “loan repayments” and “income tax rate” variables remain constant throughout the forecast period.
- The projected estimated return applies inflation as an annual compounding gain on income, expenses and chattels depreciation from year 2 onwards.
- “Estimated capital gain” is calculated as an annual compounding gain on the “Current estimated property value”.
- The calculator calculates based on 365 days a year, and does not take into account leap years.
- The calculator also calculates at 26.07 fortnights a year (365/14) and at 52.14 weeks a year (365/7).
- Interest only loans for the entire term of the loan have to be repaid at the end of the loan term.
- Interest only loans for a partial term will convert to a principal and interest loan for the remainder of the loan term.
Terms and conditions
This calculator provides indicative estimates (with some rounding used), and should be treated as a guide only. It does not take into account your personal situation (financial or otherwise) or goals and does not constitute a quotation or offer by Westpac in relation to any product or service. The calculations are intended to be illustrative only, are based on the accuracy of information entered and incorporate a number of assumptions to do this (please see list of “calculation assumptions” above for details). No reliance should be placed on these numbers. We recommend you seek independent legal, financial and /or tax advice.
All applications for finance are subject to Westpac’s current home lending criteria. An establishment fee may apply. Interest rates quoted are subject to change. An additional fee or higher interest rate may apply to loans if application is accepted but does not meet the standard lending criteria.
Tax Disclaimer - The information shown in this calculator is intended as a guide only, and does not constitute tax advice to any person, and you should not rely upon the content of this information. Taxation legislation, its interpretation and the levels and bases of taxation may change. We recommend that you seek independent advice.
Westpac accepts no responsibility for the availability or content of any third party websites to which this page may link. All analysis is based on information current at the time of writing from sources that Westpac believes to be authentic and reliable. Westpac issues no invitation to anyone to rely on this material and expressly excludes any liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of the use of or reliance on the information provided in relation to this calculator.