You could pay off your debt faster when you transfer a balance held elsewhere to a Westpac credit card, paying only 5.95% p.a. for the life of the balance transferred¹.
- Consolidate multiple debts into one, easy to manage, monthly payment.
- Transfer up to 95% of the available credit limit on your Westpac credit card.
- Pay only 5.95% p.a. for the life of the balance(s) transferred¹.
You can transfer a balance(s) from
- Store card
- Hire purchase
- Personal loan from another financial provider
- Credit card from another financial provider.
How payments will be applied
We apply repayments on your credit card balance in a certain order:
- Charges and interest shown on your statement
- Cash advances then purchases as shown on your statement
- Balance transferred, the balance transfer with the highest rate will be paid off first
- Payments will then be applied to anything since your last statement in the same order.
This means that any balance transfer amount won’t start being paid off until these other types of charges or balances that appeared on your last statement have been paid in full.
How interest will be applied
- Interest is calculated on a daily basis on all purchases, cash advances, balances transferred, fees and charges. Interest on cash advances and balance transfers is accumulated from the day the transactions are made.
- Interest on purchases is accumulated daily, but only charged if the outstanding balance on your current statement, excluding the balance transfer amount, has not been repaid by the pay by date.
- Your credit card statement will show you the total amount owing on your account, as well as the minimum payment due.
Calculate your payments.
Things you should know.
1. Rate will apply to balance(s) transferred until that balance(s) is paid off. All applications are subject to Westpac approval. You cannot transfer a balance from a Westpac card or loan. All new purchases, cash advances and any unpaid interest or fees will incur interest at the standard interest rate in accordance with the card's Conditions of Use. You can transfer up to 95% of your available credit card limit. Your card must remain within its credit limit after the balance has been transferred. Balances cannot be transferred to a Mastercard® BusinessCard/Purchasing Card. Balance transfers do not earn Airpoints Dollars™ or hotpoints®.
2. By clicking on this link, you will be redirected to a calculator hosted on the Sorted website. Westpac NZ and Sorted are not associated companies, and Westpac NZ does not endorse the accuracy of this calculator. You will be governed by Sorted’s Terms & Conditions when using this calculator.
If you only make the minimum payment each month, you will pay more interest and it will take you longer to pay off the unpaid balance.
Mastercard is a registered trade mark and the circles design is a trade mark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Terms and conditions
Eligibility criteria, lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. See:
- Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions
- Conditions of Use for the Applicable Card
- Transaction and Service Fees Brochure
View terms and conditions for all our credit card products here.