What do I need to apply?
To apply for your first home loan, you need to get together details about yourself, your finances and the kind of place you’re looking to buy. You can then apply online, over the phone or in person. You could get pre-approved in 60 seconds.
The information we need from you:
- Your personal details, including your name, address and birth date
- Identification (if you’re a new Westpac customer)
- How much you want to borrow
- What the loan is for (to buy a home, build a home, etc)
- Your income, including any overtime and commission – you can show us this with pay slips, a letter of employment, or bank statements
- If you’re self employed, we’ll need your last two years of financial account statements
- Your debts and expenses, such as credit cards and any other loans
- Three months of transactional statements from your main bank account
- Information on the type of home you’re looking to buy
- If you’ve already seen a place you’re keen on, we’ll need to know a few details about that, too
Apply online in under 10 minutes
If you have all the information we need, your online application should take less than 10 minutes. And if you’re a Westpac One® online banking customer, it could be even quicker than that.
Get pre-approval* in 60 seconds
Once you’ve submitted your online application:
- You could receive pre-approval within 60 seconds.
- Or, we’ll call you back to get more information. If you’re applying with someone else, they’ll need to be present to agree to the application.
- Once we’ve verified the details you’ve given us, you’ll receive conditional approval.
Talk to a specialist
If you’d prefer to talk through your application, we can answer your questions and, in many cases, give you conditional approval straight away.
To speak to one of our home loan specialists, call us on 0800 177 277, 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 3pm Saturdays.
Arrange for a Mobile Mortgage Manager to come and visit you.
You don’t need to decide what kind of home loan you want now. Once you’ve found a place and are ready to buy, that’s when we’ll help you choose the best option for you.