KiwiSaver Retirement Calculator
As a guide only, what would my KiwiSaver projected balance be at retirement?
About the Calculator
The KiwiSaver retirement projections generated by this KiwiSaver Retirement Calculator (Calculator) should be treated as a guide only. The Calculator contains information of a general nature intended to help you determine what your KiwiSaver balance might be at retirement. It is not intended as and should not be taken as a financial adviser service.
Where the Calculator requires you to enter data, if you have entered any information incorrectly, the projections produced may not be appropriate. The Calculator does not reflect actual returns or predict future returns (which are subject to investment and other risks, including possible loss of income and principal invested). No amount of return is promised or guaranteed. Returns can be positive or negative, and will vary over different periods depending on investment performance of your chosen fund(s). While the projections are shown on an after-tax basis based on an indicative level of tax, the actual tax on your returns will vary depending on the tax treatment of the specific assets invested in. In addition, tax legislation, its interpretation and the levels and basis of taxation, may change.
If you wish to obtain further information about KiwiSaver or the Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme please contact our Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme Specialists on 0508 972 254.
For more information about how the projections are calculated, see the Calculations and Assumptions.
- Government contributions are included from age 18 to 65. They are calculated using whole years and are based on the salary/wages and/or the voluntary contributions you enter. (For every $1 you contribute, you will receive 50c up to the maximum of $521.43 per year.)
- If you select 'Employed' (as your employment status), employer contributions are included from age 18 to 65 and are calculated at the rate of 3% of your before-tax salary or wages. These contributions will have Employer’s Superannuation Contribution Tax (ESCT) deducted at a rate which is currently based on the below income bands:
|Income bands for salary or wages (including gross superannuation employer contributions)||ESCT rate|
|$0 - $16,800||10.5%|
|$16,801 - $57,600||17.5%|
|$57,601 - $84,000||30.0%|
|$84,001 or over||33.0%|
- The calculator assumes that your ESCT rate (if applicable) remain constant and that the income bands increase each year in line with the assumed annual income increase of 3.5%.
- Your projected KiwiSaver balance is calculated using after-tax annual investment returns based on the table below.
The calculator assumes that:
- You do not take any savings suspensions.
- No amounts are withdrawn for a first home purchase or any other withdrawal type.
- Government benefits remain unchanged until your retirement.
- At and following retirement:
- You do not make any further contributions.
- Your funds remain in your KiwiSaver account, but your remaining balance is reduced each week by the stated weekly amount until it reaches zero.
- You continue to earn investment returns based on a 'Conservative' risk profile as your balance reduces to zero.