House insurance

Get cover for one of the most important things in your life – your home. House insurance covers repairs or a rebuild up to a sum insured if your house is accidentally damaged.

  1. hl home loan house

    Comprehensive home cover

    Insure your house against accidental damage caused by things like fire, flooding, burglary or natural disasters.

  2. hl settlement key

    Additional options for landlords

    For an additional premium, you can add on optional benefits for landlords such as extra cover for landlord’s chattels or cover for deliberate damage.

  3. construction

    Understanding your Sum Insured

    Learn how a sum insured works, why it’s important and how you might calculate it.

Westpac Home, Contents, Vehicle and Boat insurance cover is arranged by Westpac New Zealand Limited ("Westpac") and underwritten by IAG New Zealand Limited (”IAG”). None of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, Westpac, or any member of the Westpac group of companies guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by IAG. Westpac will receive commission payments as a result of the arrangement of IAG policies. For IAG's financial strength rating please click here.

The information contained on this page is intended as a general guide only and may vary at times. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limits apply. More detail can be found in the policy document (downloaded here as a PDF), or obtained by calling 0800 809 378. The availability of any insurance cover is subject to the acceptance and approval of a complete application.

Any claim payment is subject to your claim being accepted.