Renter's contents insurance.
Renter’s contents insurance can cover your belongings for up to $25,000 and your liability for causing damage to someone else’s property.
- Protect your belongings if they’re accidentally lost, stolen or damaged - without having to cover the whole household.
- Choose the level of cover to suit you: $10,000, $15,000, $20,000 or $25,000.
- Replace old with new. Some household items are replaced with new ones if less than 5 years old. (For other items we'll pay the present-day value.)
- If your home is damaged and uninhabitable, you could have temporary accommodation covered for up to 6 months, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Cover if you damage someone else’s property - up to $100,000 for injury to another person and up to $2 million in total for all liability for one event.
Make a claim.
Things you should know.
Westpac Home, Contents, Vehicle and Boat insurance cover is arranged by Westpac New Zealand Limited (“Westpac”) and underwritten by IAG New Zealand Limited (“IAG”). None of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, Westpac, or any member of the Westpac group of companies guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by IAG. Westpac will receive commission payments as a result of the arrangement of IAG policies. For IAG's financial strength rating please click here.
The information contained on this page is intended as a general guide only and may vary at times. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limits apply. More detail can be found in the policy document (downloaded here as a PDF), or obtained by calling 0800 809 378. The availability of any insurance cover is subject to the acceptance and approval of a complete application.
Any payment is subject to your claim being accepted.