Westpac Greater Choices Home Loan.
With a Westpac Greater Choices home loan, you could get up to $50,000 interest free for five years to help you create a warmer, drier and more energy efficient home life.
- 0% interest on up to $50,000 for five years with a Westpac Greater Choices home loan.
- Flexibility to make lump sum payments or pay the loan off earlier without prepayment costs.1
- Westpac Greater Choices home loan is available for new or current Westpac Choices home loan customers.
- No establishment fee applies.
You can take out more than one Westpac Greater Choices home loan provided you do not exceed the $50,000 limit overall.
How to apply.
Apply in Westpac One® online banking
- If you’re registered for Westpac One® online banking, you can apply for a Greater Choices Home Loan online – just follow this step-by-step guide to start a new application, and we’ll give you a call if we need any more information.
Don’t have Westpac One® online banking?
- You can also book an appointment at your nearest branch, or give us a call on 0800 177 277.
Heads up – as part of your application, you’ll need to get a quote from a professional.
Qualifying for Westpac Greater Choices.
Get a quote from a professional
You'll need to provide us with an eligible quote that is less than 90 days old to obtain pre-approval for a Greater Choices home loan.
A professional installer must be used for all insulation, eligible heat pumps, double glazing, ventilation, wood burners, solar power systems and batteries for storing power from solar, rainwater tanks, as well as vehicle chargers.
If you are purchasing a new or used electric, hybrid or plug-in hybrid vehicle, it must be purchased from a registered motor vehicle trader, as you will need to provide us with a purchase agreement from a registered motor vehicle trader. Vehicles purchased from private sellers are not eligible.
Need some help figuring out where to start, or need to see a list of local installers? Check out the HomeFit Online Checklist.
Standard lending criteria
You must be an existing or new Westpac Choices home loan customer, meet standard eligibility and lending criteria and be able to repay the loan in full within five years.
You'll need a minimum of 20% equity if you’re an owner-occupier or 35% as an investment property owner.
Repaying the loan
A Westpac Greater Choices home loan is interest free for five years. If you’re unable to meet your repayments, a default interest rate of 5% will apply to your outstanding home loan balance.
As a Westpac Greater Choices home loan is secured against a home or investment property, that property may be subject to a mortgagee sale if you default on your home loan and if it’s not possible to work through a solution with our hardship or collections teams.
Get in touch.
Already registered for Westpac One?
Log in, apply for a Greater Choices home loan, and we’ll give you a call if we need any further information.
Talk to us
Call us from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm Saturday.
Make an appointment to talk to a home loan expert in branch.
Things you should know.
1 Lump sum payments can only be made in branch or over the phone on 0800 177 277. They cannot be made online through Westpac One® online banking.
Westpac's eligibility criteria and home loan lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Product is subject to change or withdrawal anytime at Westpac's sole discretion.
Westpac is not responsible for the quality of the eligible products purchased or the supplier selected by the customer under a Westpac Choices home loan.
Documents and fees
See the detailed terms and conditions and fees for our Choices Home Loan:
- Choices Home Loan Summary - Sample
- Choices Home Loan Terms and Conditions
- Transaction and Service Fees
- Westpac General Terms and Conditions