Help is always at hand.
There are many organisations in New Zealand that can help you during this time.
Organisations to notify.
- Energy companies - gas, electricity
- Telecommunications - landline or mobile phone, internet connection
- Council - rates, water rates
- Other bills - medical expenses, Sky TV, rent, gardener, magazine/newspaper subscriptions
- Other memberships - gym, hobbies.
- Funeral policy
- KiwiSaver provider
- Life insurance provider
- Home / contents / boat / motor vehicle insurance provider
- Personal loan insurance provider
- Income protection insurance provider
- Business insurance provider
- Credit card insurance provider.
Te Hokinga ā Wairua End of Life Service
A website run by the New Zealand Government with useful next steps information
- Website: www.endoflife.services.govt.nz
New Zealand Funeral Directors Association
The NZ Department of Internal Affairs; Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Website: www.dia.govt.nz/Births-deaths-and-marriages
- Freephone: 0800 22 52 52 (New Zealand only)
- Phone: (+64 4) 339 0852
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand Law Society
Citizens Advice Bureau
The Public Trust
Work and Income (WINZ)
If you require assistance with a funeral grant orif NZ Super or any benefit was being received
- Website: www.workandincome.govt.nz/
- General enquires – deceased under 65
- Freephone: 0800 559 009
- General enquires – deceased over 65
- Freephone: 0800 552 002
- Phone +64 4 978 1180