Help is always at hand.
There are many organisations in New Zealand that can help you during this time.
Organisations to notify.
- Energy companies - gas, electricity
- Telecommunications - landline or mobile phone, internet connection
- Council - rates, water rates
- Other bills - medical expenses, Sky TV, rent, gardener, magazine/newspaper subscriptions
- Other memberships - gym, hobbies.
- Funeral policy
- KiwiSaver provider
- Life insurance provider
- Home / contents / boat / motor vehicle insurance provider
- Personal loan insurance provider
- Income protection insurance provider
- Business insurance provider
- Credit card insurance provider.
Te Hokinga ā Wairua End of Life Service
A website run by the New Zealand Government with useful next steps information
- Website: endoflife.services.govt.nz
New Zealand Funeral Directors Association
The NZ Department of Internal Affairs; Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Website: dia.govt.nz/Births-deaths-and-marriages
- Freephone: 0800 22 52 52 (New Zealand only)
- Phone: (+64 4) 339 0852
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Zealand Law Society
Citizens Advice Bureau
The Public Trust
Work and Income (WINZ)
If you require assistance with a funeral grant or if NZ Super or any benefit was being received
- Website: workandincome.govt.nz/
- General enquires – deceased under 65
- Freephone: 0800 559 009
- General enquires – deceased over 65
- Freephone: 0800 552 002
- Phone +64 4 978 1180
Talk to us.
Westpac estate management team
A dedicated team here to help you settle the financial affairs of a Westpac customer who has passed away.
Westpac financial advisory
Get further information on how our qualified financial advisers can help.
Westpac financial advisory service
Ring us for the contact details of your local financial adviser.
Visit a branch
Talk to a home loan expert at your nearest branch.