Westpac Term PIE Fund.
Providing a better after-tax return for some investors, a Term PIE may grow your money faster.
- The potential for better after-tax returns.
- Put away as little as $5,000.
- Returns paid monthly, quarterly or compounded for terms of 6 months or more.
- Fixed rate of return to maximise your savings.
Term PIE Rates.
View other term investment rates
Rates of return are subject to change.
* The Effective Return is the rate you would need to receive from a regular savings account in order to achieve the same after tax return from your Term PIE account, based on a PIR of 28% and an income tax rate of either 30%, 33% or 39%.
** Individuals with taxable income of $48,001 to $70,000.
*** Individuals with taxable income of $70,001 to $180,000.
**** Individuals with taxable income of over $180,000.
- You have seven working days as a cooling off period after you initially invest your money, in case you change your mind. After that, you can only withdraw all or part of your money from your Term PIE if we agree
- A reduced rate of return is likely to apply to early withdrawals and we will apply our Early Withdrawal Policy.
Savings & Investment Chooser tool.
Our Savings & Investment Chooser tool is free and provides you recommendations on which of our savings and term investment options best suit you, based on your answers to some questions.
Things you should know.
For important information about Term PIE, please download the Term PIE term sheet (PDF). We recommend you read this before making an investment.
Minimum $5,000 deposit. Rates are available for retail and business banking customers and apply up to the first $5,000,000 of deposits held either solely or jointly with Westpac. For rates applicable to amounts in excess of $5,000,000, please contact us. Rates are not available to Financial Institutions.
Investments made in the Westpac Term PIE Fund ("the Fund") do not represent bank deposits or liabilities of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, Westpac New Zealand Limited ("Westpac NZ") or any other member of the Westpac Group of companies. They are subject to investment and other risks, including possible delays in payment of withdrawal amounts in some circumstances, and loss of investment value, including principal invested. None of BT Funds Management (NZ) Limited (as manager), any member of the Westpac Group of companies, Trustees Executors Limited (as trustee), or any director or nominee of any of those entities guarantees the Fund's performance, returns or repayment of capital. Any rates of return are subject to change without notice.
A copy of the Trust Deed for the Fund can be accessed here.
To view the latest Westpac Term PIE, Cash PIE, Notice Saver PIE Annual Report for the year ended 31 March 2022, please click here.
This material is provided for information purposes only and is not a recommendation or opinion in relation to any PIE funds managed by BT Funds Management (NZ) Limited.