How do I make an overseas payment?
You can make overseas payments (telegraphic transfers) in Westpac One®. Here’s how:
- Select 'Pay & Transfer'
- Select the account you wish to pay 'From'
- Select the 'To' field and select 'New or Overseas'
- Click the 'Pay to' drop down and select 'Overseas account number'
- Click the 'Send payment to' drop down and select the country
- Click the 'Send currency' drop down and select the correct currency for the payment
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Each receiving country may have different requirements
- You will be provided a summary of the payment and once confirmed, you will be presented the final foreign currency rate and there is an optional email confirmation.
For more information about overseas payments visit https://www.westpac.co.nz/foreign-exchange/send-money-to-or-from-overseas/
Please note: Rates are only available between 8am Monday morning until 9am Saturday morning. Outside these hours we are unable to provide a conversion rate so we cannot process your international payment.