Sustainable Business Loan.
Achieve greater outcomes with our Sustainable Business Loan.
About our Sustainable Business Loan.
Our new Sustainable Business Loan supports Aotearoa businesses to progress their sustainability journey.
Being a sustainable business makes good business sense. Prioritising environmental and social sustainability projects can help to build great teams, connect with consumers, reduce operating costs and support the community.
With our Sustainable Business Loan, our Corporate and Agribusiness customers can prioritise:
- Sustainability investments that deliver environmental benefits across their business and communities
- Activities that will help them adapt to adverse weather events arising from the impacts of climate change
- Projects and initiatives that deliver positive social outcomes.
A Sustainable Business Loan can help New Zealand businesses ensure a better future for everyone.
- Accelerate sustainability across your business.
- Fund climate change adaptation to make your business more resilient to adverse weather events.
- Help deliver positive social outcomes for communities in need.
- Receive a preferred lending rate to fund your sustainability investments.
- Take two years to purchase and install or develop the sustainability initiative.
Sustainable business borrowing.
Our Sustainable Business Loan makes it easier for you to invest in a wide range of sustainable initiatives across your business whether to improve our environment, adapt to climate change, or deliver positive social outcomes for communities or particular groups.
Sustainable business borrowing to create a better environment:
- Green buildings
- Renewable energy
- Energy efficiency
- Energy storage
- Electric and hybrid vehicles
- Recycling and waste reduction
- Native forest planting
- Organic & regenerative farming and crop growing
- Water quality improvements
- Biodiversity conservation
- Climate change adaptation.
Sustainable business borrowing to help deliver positive social outcomes for communities or particular groups:
- Affordable and accessible basic infrastructure (such as energy & telecommunications connectivity, clean drinking water, and transport infrastructure)
- Affordable and accessible public healthcare and public education
- Social and affordable housing for communities in need
- Greater access to employment or finance for communities or particular groups
- Food security and food loss /waste initiatives
- Improved productivity of small-scale producers
- Resilient agricultural practices
- Initiatives to advance and empower communities including financial education, training programmes, initiatives to reduce income inequality and initiatives to strengthen understanding of and connection with Māori language, custom and culture (Te Reo Māori and Tikanga).
Apply for a Sustainable Business Loan.
Things you should know.
Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply to Westpac products and services. See the Business Transaction and Service Fees Brochure for details.
Eligibility and lending criteria applies. Customers need to have at least $1,000,000 of total business lending with Westpac New Zealand.
Business Lending products are only available for business and/or investment purposes and not for personal, domestic or household purposes.