Why has my automatic payment not gone out on the day I set it up for?
Automatic payments are only processed on business days.
If a payment falls due on a non-business day, such as a weekend, the payment will be made on either the next business day or previous business day, this is determined by the instructions you gave us when the automatic payment was setup.
Automatic Payments are processed at 7:30am, provided you have the funds. If the money isn't there, the payment will be re-tried at 10:30pm and then again at 7:30am the following day. If you still don't have funds available at this time, the payment will fail.
If you want to amend, skip or cancel an automatic payment you can do this by:
- Westpac One® - online banking:
- 'Pay and transfer' from the left-hand navigation
- Select the automatic payment you want to change and use the options under the automatic payment details
- Or call us on 0800 Westpac (0800 937 8722), from 7am to 11pm, seven days a week, or on +64 9 912 8000 if you're outside New Zealand (standard call charges will apply)
- Or by visiting your nearest branch.