What happens if I have an outstanding balance on my card, such as for late payment fees or a replacement card fee, when I have a balance transfer?
While you have an outstanding balance on your card (including a balance transfer), you will be charged interest on fees and charges from the date they are charged until you make a payment that pays off the balance of the fees and charges. Unless otherwise advised as part of any promotional offer, your payments are applied in this order:
- All charges, either shown on the current statement or any previous statements, or charged since your current statement.
- All interest, shown on the current statement or any previous statement.
- All cash advances shown on the current statement, or any previous statement.
- All purchases shown on the current statement, or any previous statement.
- Any balances transferred from accounts at other institutions shown on the current statement or any previous statement. Should your account contain multiple balance transfers, the balance transfer with the highest interest rate will be paid off first.
- All cash advances made since the current statement.
- All purchases made since the current statement.
- All balance transfers from accounts at other institutions made since the current statement.
Things you should know.
Rate will apply to balance(s) transferred until that balance(s) is paid off. All applications are subject to Westpac approval. You cannot transfer a balance from a Westpac card or loan. Balance Transfer Terms and Conditions and lending criteria apply. Payments made to your Westpac credit card will be applied to charges and interest accrued first, then to cash advances and purchases followed by the balance transferred. All purchases, cash advances and any unpaid interest or fees will incur interest at the standard purchase interest rate in accordance with the card's Conditions of Use. You can transfer up to 95% of your available credit card limit. Your card must remain within its credit limit after the balance has been transferred. Balances cannot be transferred to a Mastercard® BusinessCard/Purchasing Card. Balance transfers do not earn Airpoints Dollars™ or hotpoints®.