What are the cut-off times for online transactions?
Account transfers and payments (except Automatic Payments) to other Westpac accounts:
- Transfers between your accounts or payments to other parties made up to 10:00pm will occur immediately.
- Transfers between your accounts or payments to other parties made from 10:01pm are processed on the next day.
Direct debits from Westpac accounts:
- All direct debits will only be processed if there is enough money in your account.
- If there is not enough money the account by 11.30pm on the due date, the payment will not be processed.
- If a transfer is made into the account before 11.30pm on the due date, the direct debit will be processed.
- If there are not available funds in the account by 11.30pm, the direct debit will not be processed, and will not be retried the next day.
Online Banking transactions for overnight processing:
- Online payments made up to 10:00pm will be sent to other banks hourly between 9:30am and 10pm.
- Online payments made after 10pm will be sent to other banks at 9:30am on the next day.
- New Automatic Payments can be set up as late as midnight on the day before the first payment date.
- Automatic Payments can be amended or cancelled before 7.30am on the date of payment.
- Planned payments and transfers can be amended or cancelled before 7:00am on the date of payment.
Online Banking transactions completed:
- Before 10pm online transactions are sent to other banks.
- After 10pm online transactions are sent to other banks at 9:30am the next day.
A payment made at 10:10pm on a Tuesday:
- Will show in the receiving account on Wednesday morning, provided the other bank processes payments during that day.
A payment made at 10:10pm on a Friday:
- Will show in the receiving account on Saturday, provided the other bank processes payments during the weekend.
If you need more information about payments and transfers, cut-off times for online transactions and insufficient funds for a planned payment, get in touch.
Here's further information on the change in electronic processing cut-off times.