How is a Westpac account number structured?
All New Zealand bank account numbers follow this pattern:
00 0000 0000000 000
- The first two numbers show which bank manages the account. Westpac is 03
- The next four digits show your branch
- The next seven show your account number
- The next three (or two for some banks) show your account suffix. You can have several "Sub accounts" from one main account. If your account suffix has two numbers and you're being asked for three, add a zero before it. For example, if your account ends with 51, enter 051. If your account suffix has three numbers and you're being asked for two, remove the first zero. For example, if your account ends with 051, enter 51
- To find your bank account number in Westpac One®, from the 'Accounts' page, select your account and then select the 'Account Details' or 'Details' tab - your account number will be displayed on the right hand side
- If an overseas bank needs an IBAN number to transfer money to your Westpac New Zealand account, use your Westpac account number. For more information on how to transfer money to a Westpac account from outside New Zealand, click here.