A deposit is not showing in my account. What should I do?
It depends on how the deposit was made. The time it takes for a deposit to show in your account depends on where it was deposited and what type of payment was used.
- Cash deposits made at Westpac branch counters, smart ATMs and Westpac to Westpac transfers should appear in your account immediately.
- If it's an online payment completed before 10pm, including over a weekend or public holiday, the payment should be received on the same day.
- Transfers from other banks depend on the other banks processing policy. Once the bank lets us know there is money to go into an account, the money will appear within 1-2 hours in the Westpac account.
- Some standard ATM deposits in smaller towns and centres may take longer to be cleared.
- Payments made after 10pm will only be processed the next day.