A deposit is not showing in my account. What should I do?
It depends on how the deposit was made. The time it takes for a deposit to show in your account depends on where it was deposited and what type of payment was used.
- If you have banked a cheque, it can take up to 3 business days to appear into your account
- Cash deposits made at Westpac branch counters, smart ATM's and Westpac to Westpac transfers should appear in your account immediately
- If its over a weekend or public holiday, the payment should be received on the next business day
- Transfers from other banks depend on the other banks processing policy. Once the bank lets us know there is money to go into an account, the money will appear within 1-2 hours in the Westpac account
- Some standard ATM deposits in smaller towns and centres, may take longer to be cleared
- Payments made after 10pm, will only be processsed the next business day.