Te Waiu O Aotearoa Trust Scholarship.
This scholarship was established to promote, develop, and provide for the education and advancement of Māori, within the banking and finance industry, and general business.
The 2021 tertiary study scholarships are now open for the 2021 study year.
The tertiary study scholarships will award up to four Māori recipients in their second or third year of a general business undergraduate degree $5,000 each towards their study costs for 2021.
To be eligible for a Te Waiu O Aotearoa Trust Scholarship applicants must:
- Be of Māori descent & Iwi registered, and
- be enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institute in 2021, and
- be attending a general business-related degree; and in second or third year of undergraduate study programme, and
- be attending full-time study for the full year, and
- preferably be fluent in te Reo Māori (but not required), and
- meet the criteria for the scholarships applied for, and
- submit their application form and supporting documentation by midnight Sunday 17 January 2021.
The Trustees will consider the applications according to the following criteria:
- Leadership at tertiary institute and in the community, and
- involvement with Iwi, Hapū, Marae and wider Māori community, and
- life and work experience, and
- whakapapa with appropriate endorsement, and
- confirmation of study details.
The opportunity will be given to four Tāne and Wāhine throughout Te Waka-a-Māui (South Island) and Te Ika-a-Māui (North Island).
Scholarship funds paid.
Applicants must submit their application and supporting documentation by email to the Westpac Careers team, email@example.com
Application entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 17 January 2021.