How can we help?
About our personal loans
Our personal loans are personalised to your needs. Funny that. With flexible repayment options, a competitive interest rate and the option of personal loan insurance cover, whatever you need a loan for, we’ll work with you to find just the right fit. Best yet, we won't penalise you for early repayment. *
Benefits at a glance
- get what you need now and pay us back up to five years later (or longer depending on your circumstances)
- flexible loan payment options – no penalty for paying it off early
- fast application process – we can help you through the process
- if you are approved, your loan can be in your Westpac account the following day
- a single establishment fee of $250 – just add it to your loan balance
- borrow up to $50k unsecured (or maybe more depending on your circumstances)
- competitive interest rates
Simple loan management
With a Westpac personal loan you:
- have the flexibility to make monthly or fortnightly repayments
- can choose your term of payment anything up to five years (or up to ten years depending on your circumstances)
- can talk to us at any time if your circumstance change, we’ll work with you to see if we can find a solution
- can apply to top up your loan at any time
- can apply for loan repayment insurance which can give you peace of mind
Loan terms and conditions
View and/or download our terms and conditions for our personal loan account below:
View and/or download terms and conditions for all our consumer lending products here.
Ready to apply?
If you’re over 18, and live in New Zealand you could be eligible for a personal loan. You should also be an NZ Citizen or permanent resident however, if you are not but are working in New Zealand we still may be able to help.
This information is a guide only. It does not take into account your personal finance situation and goals.
*Applications for finance are subject to Westpac's applicable lending criteria. An establishment fee may apply. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limits apply to Westpac Loan Repayment insurance. More details of this and the underwriter can be found in the relevant policy document.
Westpac Loan Repayment insurance is underwritten by Westpac Life-NZ-Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Westpac Financial Services Group-NZ-Limited. Westpac Life-NZ-Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Westpac Financial Services Group-NZ-Limited, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141, incorporated in Australia. Westpac Banking Corporation does not guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by Westpac Life-NZ-Limited, but will always meet its obligations to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Westpac Life-NZ-Limited complies with the practice standards of the Investment Savings & Insurance Association of NZ Inc. and a copy of its latest financial statements is available from Westpac House, 318 Lambton Quay, Wellington. You have the right to receive a 'replacement of business' advice when changing from one policy to another. Westpac employs salaried employees whos renumeration is influenced in the long term by the arrangement of Westpac Life-NZ-Limited Insurance policies. Westpac will receive commission payments as a result of the arrangement of Westpac Life-NZ-Limited Insurance policies.
Westpac Life-NZ-Limited has an AA- Insurer Financial Strength rating given by Standard & Poors (Australia) Pty Limited on 6 August 2013. The rating scale is: AAA Extremely Strong, AA Very Strong, A Strong, BBB Good, BB Marginal, B Weak, CCC Very Weak, CC Extremely Weak, SD or D Default, R Regulatory Supervision, NR Not Rated. Plus (+) or Minus (-) following ratings from ‘AA’ to ‘CCC’ show relative standings within the major rating categories.