How can we help?
hotpoints Gold Card Credit Card Account
Step up to Gold. You’ll earn more hotpoints for every dollar you spend, plus get access to great benefits like overseas travel insurance and purchase protection*.
It's for you if:
- you use your credit card for most of your everyday purchases, like petrol and groceries, and want to earn more rewards
- you want added protection when buying a high value purchase, like a new TV
- you need overseas travel insurance for a month-long holiday
Benefits at a glance
- earn more hotpoints on every dollar you spend
- two cards, one account, more rewards! You’ll receive a Westpac hotpoints Gold American Express® Card alongside your chosen Gold MasterCard or Visa Gold, at no extra cost (see 'Exclusive Benefits' for more information)
- overseas travel insurance for up to 35 days per round trip, with no limit to the number of trips you can take each year* (Conditions apply. See 'Exclusive Benefits” for more information)
- Purchase Protection Insurance cover for your purchases* (Conditions apply. See 'Exclusive Benefits” for more information)
- you could extend a NZ manufacturer’s warranty by up to 12 months on goods paid for in full with your card*
- up to 55 days interest-free credit on your purchases
- flexibility each month to either pay off your card in full, make any payment above the minimum, or meet the minimum payment of either 2% of the balance owing each month or $5 – whichever is greater
- flexible payment options – set up an automatic payment or direct debit, pay via 24/7 internet or phone banking, transfer funds between your Westpac accounts at any Westpac ATM^, make a bill payment from another bank or visit us in branch
- a competitive interest rate on purchases
- an embedded microchip for greater card security
- a joint or additional card for only $15 per year
- link your other Westpac accounts to your MasterCard or Visa, so you can access them at the checkout and ATMs (this feature is not available on the Westpac hotpoints American Express® card)
- view your credit card balance 24/7 via ATMs or Online Banking (Access through ATMs is not available on the Westpac hotpoints Gold American Express® Card)
- use your credit card to withdraw cash from overseas banks and ATMs displaying the MasterCard and Cirrus acceptance marks or Visa and Plus symbols. Higher interest rates for cash advances and ATM fees may apply (Access through ATMs is not available on the Westpac hotpoints Gold American Express® Card)
- pay no international transaction fee (usually $8) when withdrawing money overseas from an ATM within the Global Alliance Group^. See the 'Fees and Rates' tab for more information
- 24-hour emergency credit card assistance
An outstanding rating
Independent financial analysts at Canstar awarded this card 5 stars for Outstanding Value in the ‘Everyday Spender’ and ‘Big Spender’ categories. So be assured – with this card you’re getting great value, whether you spend a little every day, or a lot over time. Learn more at www.canstar.co.nz/credit-cards
With the hotpoints Gold Credit Card Account, you’ll earn hotpoints on every dollar you spend on your card. These points can then be redeemed for an extensive range of rewards.
The benefits of hotpoints:
- No other rewards programme provides more travel options than hotpoints. With Holiday Credits, you can buy any flight on any airline in the world with your hotpoints credit card, and then use your hotpoints to help pay it back later!
- You can also redeem your points for a wide range of retail vouchers and merchandise, donate to charity and even contribute to any Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme Account
Find out more about hotpoints or visit www.hotpoints.co.nz to see how you could reward yourself.
Two cards, one account, more rewards
With a hotpoints Gold Credit Card Account, two cards are linked to a single account with one shared credit limit giving you more choice around which card you use, and greater rewards earning power.
To accelerate your hotpoints earning power you’ll get:
- a Westpac hotpoints Gold American Express® Card which earns 1.75 hotpoints for every dollar you spend, so you can fast-track your rewards, plus
- a choice of either a Visa card or MasterCard® which earns you 1.25 hotpoints for every dollar you spend and provides you with the convenience of acceptance at over 32 million locations worldwide
Your hotpoints will quickly add up!
The benefits of having both credit cards linked to a single account is that you have:
- one shared credit limit
- one annual fee
- one statement with one monthly payment to make
Westpac is the only bank in New Zealand that offers this amazing benefit – and all for no extra cost!
Your Travel Cover
You could be covered for up to 35 days per round trip, when you travel overseas** and use your credit card for your prepaid travel costs. A minimum spend applies for different travel regions. Family travelling with you may also be covered when a minimum amount is pre-paid on the card.
Before you travel, call AIG on 0800 465 322 to make sure you’re covered and check out the policy document for full information (you can get a copy from any Westpac branch).
**Terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria do apply. Refer to the Gold card Insurance policy document.
Your buyer’s companion
For peace of mind your hotpoints Gold Credit Card Account also provides:
Purchase Protection Insurance* - When you pay for any purchase in full on your credit card you can rest assured knowing that should the item be lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, it could be covered for replacement for up to 90 days.
Extended Warranty Insurance* – extend a manufacturer’s New Zealand Warranty by up to 12 months on items you pay for in full on your card.
Interest rates for your hotpoints Gold Credit Card
|hotpoints Gold Credit Card Account - Interest rates|
|Purchases (and other fees & charges)||19.95% p.a.|
|Balance transfer rate
Transfer balances from another bank’s credit card, overdraft, personal loan, or hire purchase agreement to a Westpac credit card.
> More on balance transfers
|5.95% p.a. Effective until the transferred balance is paid off
|Cash advance rate
Cash advances on all Westpac credit cards, excluding those on Portfolio pricing
Fees for your hotpoints Gold Credit Card
|hotpoints Gold Credit Card Account - Fees|
|Fees on this page are current as at 20 May 2013 and are subject to change.
Some overseas banks may charge an extra fee for a cash advance.
|Fee type||Fee amount|
|Annual account fee||$100 per year
|Cash advance in NZ
||using a Westpac ATM||$2 per transaction|
|at other bank ATMs||$2 per transaction|
|Westpac branch teller||$2 per transaction|
|Cash advance overseas
||using Global Alliance ATMs Transaction fees do not apply when using ATMs within the Global Alliance Group in the respective country shown. Institutions participating in the global ATM alliance include Deutsche Bank 24 (Germany), Bank of America (United States), Scotiabank (Canada), Barclays Bank (United Kingdom), BNP Paribas (France), Westpac (Australia) and Westpac (New Zealand).||no international transaction fee
|using other ATMs or at bank branches Note: An ATM service fee may be charged by the ATM provider.||NZ$8 per transaction|
||$15 per year|
|Late payment fee||$15 per late payment|
|Card over limit
Applies where you exceed your account credit limit during any statement period.
Lost, damaged or stolen
|$15 per card|
|Courier delivery in NZ/Overseas||Courier costs where applicable|
|Foreign currency fee When you use your Westpac credit card to make an overseas transaction, you'll pay a foreign currency fee. This is currently 2.5% of the New Zealand dollar converted value of the foreign currency transaction amount. A foreign currency conversion fee is applied to purchases, cash withdrawals and any fees and charges in a foreign currency incurred by you from the overseas merchant or merchant bank for that transaction.||2.50% of NZD converted value of foreign currency transaction amount|
- ticket deals including great seats and preferential booking for shows, sporting events and concerts from MasterCard applause™
- unique experiences and sought-after getaways for Titanium MasterCard customers through MasterCard Moments.
- access to US and UK online stores using globaleshop with your hotpoints American Express Card
- competitions, ticket offers and pre-sales through Visa Entertainment
*Terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply to insurance cover. Please see the Gold Card Insurance policy document. Westpac Gold Overseas Travel, Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection Insurances are arranged by Westpac New Zealand Limited and are underwritten by AIG Insurance New Zealand Limited (“AIG”). Westpac does not guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by AIG.
Westpac accepts no responsibility for the availability or content of third party websites. Westpac’s current credit card lending criteria apply to all applications and transfers. Credit Card Conditions of Use will apply. Fees and rates shown are current as at 20 May 2013 but are subject to change. Other charges may apply to some of the transactions and services mentioned – Find out more on our Credit Card fees pages. hotpoints® is a registered trademark of Westpac Banking Corporation. Hotpoints terms and conditions apply. Overseas cash advances and foreign currency fees may apply. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. American Express is a trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Westpac New Zealand Limited pursuant to a license from American Express. Westpac accepts no responsibility for the availability or content of third party websites.