For us corporate responsibility means ensuring that what we do every day meets our financial, social and environmental responsibilities to our customers, communities and people.
We aim to be clear and transparent about our approach to managing sustainability risks and opportunities.
Key aspects of this include:
- Reporting - each year we report our sustainability activities performance in New Zealand here.
- Sustainable supply chain - the sustainability of our business rests on having a sustainable and principled supply chain. Our Sustainable Supplier Code embeds the bank’s sustainability objectives into our procurement processes and supplier relationships.
- Responsible investment - BT Funds Management (NZ) Ltd is the investment arm of Westpac in New Zealand. We are signatories of the UNPRI and here is our Responsible Investment Policy.
- Human Rights – we believe in respecting basic human rights in everything we do. Our approach is explained and supported by Westpac’s Human Rights Position Statement and Action Plan. Here is the Te Reo Māori translation.
- Here you will find Westpac Group’s key position statements, policies, frameworks and perspectives that guide our response to the risks, issues and opportunities that are currently the most important to our stakeholders.