The Women of Influence Awards 2018
Tuesday 18th September
The Women of Influence Awards recognise the New Zealand women who are inspiring future generations.
Criteria & Terms and Conditions
Candidates will be judged on their demonstrated vision, leadership, innovation and action in and beyond their field; their impact and how it was achieved.
The judging panel will give consideration to:
- Personal, academic, professional and community achievements.
- Demonstration of collaboration within or beyond their field, and a wider circle of influence than their direct role.
- If their influence has contributed to women’s social and economic advancement.
- Involvement and contribution to New Zealand communities through collaboration and mentoring.
- Extent to which their contribution was innovative.
Women of Influence Awards 2018
Terms & Conditions
Submission of a nomination, or consent to proceed to nomination, constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- To be eligible to enter the Women of Influence 2018 Awards (the “Awards”), candidates:
- Employees of Westpac New Zealand Limited (“Westpac”) or any entity within the Westpac Group, or Stuff Limited (“Stuff”) or any entity within the Stuff Limited group are not eligible to enter or be nominated in these Awards. Employees of sponsors may only enter categories other than the category their employer sponsors.
- Nominations open on Thursday 12 April 2018 and close at 11:59pm, Friday 15 June 2018.
- Nominations must be submitted in accordance with the instructions set out at womenofinfluence.co.nz and on the entry form, along with the relevant information detailed in the entry criteria and category descriptions at womenofinfluence.co.nz
- Candidates may submit multiple entries in different categories but may only submit one entry per individual category.
- The judging panel and its representatives reserve the right to verify nominations in each category, for example, by requesting further information or by contacting referees.
- The winners of each category and the overall winner will be announced on 18 September 2018.
- A candidate may be nominated by a third party. The third party submitting the nomination must obtain the consent of the person they are nominating prior to submitting the entry form. Following submission of the nomination, the candidate will receive an email requiring them to confirm their consent to nomination, including (a) their agreement to these Terms and Conditions; and (b) their agreement to their referees being contacted for verification purposes.
- The judging panel reserves the right to make a special award that falls outside the prescribed categories, where, in the opinion of the judging panel, a candidate merits recognition not covered by the prescribed categories.
- The judging panel reserves the right not to make an award in a category.
- Additional information not forming part of the entry form should be clearly marked so as to indicate which portion of the entry form it supports.
- Information provided in entries (including any photo provided) may be made publicly available and may also feature in Stuff editorial coverage from April through to September 2018. By providing a photograph in an application the candidate warrants that they are either the owner of the photograph or are authorised to provide the photograph for use in relation to the Awards. Candidates may be contacted for editorial coverage by Stuff and agree to participate in any interviews conducted by Stuff or other media coverage.
- Category winners agree to make themselves available for publicity purposes relating to the Awards, including without limitation participation in the promotion of the Awards for the following year.
- All decisions made by the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Stuff and Westpac accept no responsibility for late or incomplete entries.
- The entry, judging and award process is managed by Stuff and Westpac.
- For enquiries about eligibility or other questions relating to the Awards, please contact email@example.com