7 February, 2019
Westpac NZ offers support to customers affected by Nelson fire
Financial support is available for Westpac NZ customers affected by the bush fire near Nelson.
The relief package features a range of support options for both business and personal customers, including:
- A temporary overdraft facility;
- Suspension of principal loan payments for up to three months;
- Immediate withdrawal for Term Investments and Notice Saver PIE;
- Deferred payment on business credit cards for up to three months.
Westpac General Manager of Consumer Banking and Wealth, Simon Power, says natural disasters can cause stress and uncertainty for those caught up in them.
“This is a worrying situation and there’s likely to be a long recovery process ahead. We encourage affected customers to get in touch with us to see what we can do to give them a helping hand,” Mr Power says.
Any customer who has been impacted by the fire should call us on 0800 606 606 to discuss their individual needs. Alternatively, they are welcome to visit any of our branches. The three closest are:
- 168 Trafalgar St, Nelson;
- 216 Queen St, Richmond:
- 165 High St, Motueka.