Recently we announced the six diverse – both in geography and industry – SMEs that will be competing for a $50,000 Business Growth Grant in September.
To get to know each of the businesses a bit better, we are doing short profile pieces on each of them.
Recycling is a beautiful thing
Providing award winning office recycling bins where and when you need them, Method Recycling create stylish and functional recycling options for corporate offices.
A beautiful way to promote sustainability, the designed and made in New Zealand Method bins have been called the "Dyson of Office Recycling”.
The beauty of the Method system is not only are they super stylish, but their stations are also easily customised. Customers choose how many recycle bins they need, which recycling streams, and where they want them.
Connectors lock the bins together to form a station, and a patented mechanism locks and hides the plastic bag.
Method bins have many advantages over other types of bins, such as:
- Visible – promote recycling, don’t hide it
- Open plan – avoids expensive cabinetry
- Good looking – modern aesthetic
- Flexible – number of bins and position can change
- Saves cleaners time – users, not cleaners, sort waste
- Easy to service – patented bag retainer invisibly holds plastic liner to stop it falling in
Method launched 19 months ago and have worked with a variety of blue chip New Zealand companies. They also export to Australia, where their customers include Lendlease for their office in their new Barangaroo Development in Sydney and Atlassian.