Starter Pac

With any investment, the earlier you start, the better off you could be. So we've put together Start Pac to give our youngest Kiwis a great financial start in life.

What does it include?

Starter Pac is available to anyone under 18 and includes:

  • Membership of the Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme
  • A Westpac Savings account
  • Plus, we’ll waive the current monthly Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme administration fee for a member's first year and we’ll continue to waive that fee for every calendar year that the member makes a deposit into their Westpac Savings account, until they turn 18. 

Download a copy of the Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme investment statement. 

Get started with the Starter Pac today

Just call into any Westpac branch.

If your child is under 16, you’ll need to bring:

  • your child's New Zealand birth certificate
  • suitable identification for both parents or all legal guardians

If your child is 16 or 17, you’ll need to bring:

  • your child's New Zealand birth certificate
  • suitable identification for one parent or legal guardian
  • suitable ID for your child.

You'll also need to provide your child's IRD number. Download an IRD form from,  if your child does not have one.

What’s suitable ID?

  • current passport
  • current driver’s licence
  • current firearms licence

For a full list of acceptable identification, please see the “ID for individuals” tab on

If your names are not identical to those on the child’s birth certificate because your name has changed, please provide supporting documentation (e.g. a marriage certificate). Otherwise, you will need to provide proof of guardianship. This can be:

  • a certified copy of a guardianship order; or
  • a certified copy of a deceased parent’s death certificate and a will appointing the guardian; or
  • a signed statutory declaration confirming guardianship.

If you are the parents, your child’s birth certificate (with both of your names on it) will prove your relationship, as long as the names on your ID are identical to those on the birth certificate. If not, or if you’re the child’s legal guardians, you will need to bring proof of guardianship.