Law & accountancy.
If you need day-to-day banking or flexible finance, our professional services specialist team assists law firms and accountancy firms with tailored solutions.
Specialist financial services.
Our flexible and competitive finance solutions include:
- an overdraft facility to assist with fluctuations in working capital.
- loan and interest rate options for longer-term finance needs.
- up to 100% finance of the GST exclusive purchase price of new IT or other equipment – this is using the purchased assets as security in most cases.
- loans for your business partners to make new capital contributions.
Smart investment options
Our team can also provide investment options for you and your clients including:
- on-call savings accounts to earn interest on your firm’s deposits.
- Multi-Deposit Scheme (MDS), a money management service to help you look after money on behalf of your clients (available through DeskBank).
- term deposits for surplus funds.
Benefits for partners
Talk to us about preferential rates and savings for partners of your firm. In addition, specialist investment advisers can provide advice across all asset classes and assist with retirement or succession planning.
We can look after your day-to-day banking and settlement needs with:
- special pricing for professional firms on transaction accounts.
- easy to set up and manage trust accounts.
- same-day transfer of settlement funds to accounts at most NZ banks (specifically designed for solicitors and available through DeskBank).
- streamlined staff expense management with Westpac Business Mastercard.
- competitive rates for credit card processing and for leasing an EFTPOS terminal.
- enhanced banking and payment processes.
You can access and manage your accounts through DeskBank or Business Online:
- DeskBank is a Windows-based Software Package installed on your PC or network. It offers the Multi-Deposit Scheme (MDS) which helps solicitors manage funds on behalf of their clients. It also has the capability for same-day transfer of settlement funds to most New Zealand bank accounts via the SDCP system. SDCP is an electronic, real-time irrevocable payment in New Zealand dollars.
Read more about what you can do with DeskBank.
- Business Online is an online service designed to streamline your banking and provide greater control. It makes it easier to process bulk payments when two or three people need to authorise transactions.
Read more about what you can do with Business Online.
Helping you manage risks.
We can also provide risk management advice and help with:
- commercial insurance options – from key person protection to building and contents cover.
- interest rate risk management – strategies using market derivative products.
- advice and products to help reduce the risk around handling money internationally and converting currencies.
Find a local specialist.
Things you should know.
Refer to the relevant website pages for detailed information on each Westpac product or service mentioned. Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply to Westpac products and services. All applications for finance are subject to Westpac’s current lending criteria, terms and conditions.
The material in this webpage is provided for information purposes only and is not a recommendation or opinion in relation to the relevant products. Disclosure statements under the Financial Advisers Act are available free of charge on request from Westpac or your Westpac financial adviser.
Mastercard® is a registered trade mark and the circles design is a trade mark of Mastercard International Incorporated.