Westpac New Zealand Limited ("Westpac") is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information. We understand how important the privacy of your personal information is to you.
Information we collect
In connection with your use of the Website, Westpac and/or its service provider will collect personal information such as the full name, date of birth and email address of any users of the Westpac Go to Pay service for:
(a) creating Westpac Go to Pay User profiles;
(b) providing access to Westpac Go to Pay; and
(c) communicating with you and users in relation to purchase request and/or approval functions of Westpac Go to Pay.
Westpac and/or its service provider may also collect certain information by automated means (such as cookies and web beacons) when you visit this Website.
- Cookies - Like many other websites, “Cookies” are used on this Website. Cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive or your mobile device’s memory when you visit certain websites. Cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular website and facilitating your navigation through a site. These cookies may be used to understand, for example, how many users visited its websites and the pages accessed, the user’s shopping behaviour and preferences, whether you have visited this site before or if you are a new visitor, to help Westpac and/or its service provider identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest, to identify your preferences and personal settings on the basis of previous activities performed by you. Much of this information may be collected on an anonymous basis. This information allows Westpac and/or its service provider to make improvements and updates to this Website and to determine the effectiveness of its promotions and campaigns. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all Website features.
- Web Beacons - Certain pages on this Website may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). Web beacons do not typically collect any other information than what your browser provides as a standard part of any internet communication. These web beacons allow Westpac and/or its service provider to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page and the information in cookies. Neither Westpac and/or its service provider uses web beacons to identify individual users personally. If you turn off cookies, the web beacon will no longer be able to track your specific activity. The web beacon may, however, continue to collect information about visits from your IP address.
How we use this information
MasterCard will use the personal data it obtains about you in the course of carrying out its functions in connection with Westpac Go to Pay only in connection with the performance of such functions.
Security of captured data
Appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards are maintained to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of the personal information in its possession. In addition, measures are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when there is no longer a business need to keep the information and in any case your personal information may be stored until you have completely de-registered from the Westpac Purchase Profile service. The types of measures taken vary with the type of information, how it was collected and how it is stored. You must contact Westpac at email@example.com to de-register for Westpac Go to Pay.
When you provide personal information online, Westpac Go to Pay uses the industry standard for encryption on the Internet – Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – to help protect the information. This Internet encryption standard scrambles information as it travels from your personal computer or similar device to Westpac Go to Pay. You will know that you are in a secure area of the Website when a lock icon appears on your screen and the “http” prefix of the URL address changes to “https”. The “s” represents “secure”. Digital certificates are also used to ensure that you are connected to the authentic website.
You will never be asked for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence, such as letters, phone calls or e-mail messages). If you believe your user name and password have been compromised, you must contact Westpac by:
- If you are in New Zealand, please:
- call us toll-free on 0800 888 111 24 hours, seven days a week; or
- notify any Westpac branch during business hours
- If you are outside New Zealand, please notify us by calling +64 9 914 8026
You will be required to provide information on how the compromise occurred.
Features and Links to Other Websites
Westpac is not responsible for the information on any other site accessed via this Website; that information is the responsibility of the owner of that site. Westpac has no control over it. Links to other sites are provided for convenience only and do not represent any endorsement by Westpac of the services offered by the site owner.
Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights under the Privacy Act 1993 regarding the personal information collected about you.
You have the right to request access to the personal information maintained about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information.