What do I need to apply online?
Opening an account online is easy, as you can confirm your identity with EasyID or RealMe – without the need to visit a branch. Choose from a Westpac Everyday account with a debit card to a Simple Saver account.
- Open a Westpac account in minutes from anywhere, anytime.
- It's safe and secure.
- Get set up for online banking at the same time so there’s no need to go in branch.
Join via RealMe.
RealMe is an alternative to EasyID to open a Westpac account online without having to visit a branch. RealMe is an identity verification service provided by the New Zealand Government to securely verify who you are online.
To use RealMe to open a Westpac account online you need a verified RealMe account.
To create a RealMe verified identity visit the RealMe website.
To open a Westpac account online you need to:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a new Westpac customer
- Have a New Zealand driver licence or New Zealand passport
- Be a New Zealand citizen or resident
- Live in New Zealand
- Have access to a mobile device with a camera (iPhone IOS 10 with Safari or Android 4.4 with Chrome required).
Things you should know.
iPhone, iTunes, iPad and iPod touch are trade marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trade mark of Google Inc.