Foreign exchange SMS alerts
Simply sign up to receive one of our SMS packages, and stay up to date on the run with financial market information in real time. To use this service, all you need is a New Zealand-based mobile phone.
There’s three packages available
Option one - ranges only
Inter-bank overnight foreign exchange ranges supplied by Reuters:
- This will tell you the highs and lows from the night before - NZDT 5PM to NZDT 7AM.
- Currencies included are NZD/USD, NZD/AUD, NZD/EUR, NZD/GBP and NZD/JPY.
- Ranges will be sent daily Monday-Friday at approx 7:30am.
Option two - ranges and data
Inter-bank overnight foreign exchange ranges as above plus:
- A summary of major market events in the main centres for the week ahead.
- This includes tier one events such as Official Cash Rate announcements and data releases such as Inflation, GDP, Retail Sales and Business Confidence.
- A weekly message will be sent at approximately 9am every Monday.
- Breaking news and results of major market events. This message will be sent following the market event.
- Major market movements. Stay in the loop with any major intra-day exchange rate movements, sent as it happens.
Option three - data only
Major market events and breaking news.
To subscribe to the service
Click on the button (top right) to subscribe via online form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following details:
- full name
- business name (if applicable)
- cell phone number(s)
- preferred SMS package: option one, two or three
A Dealer Room representative will be in touch in two working days via email, to set up this service for you.
For any questions about this service please contact your Dealer or the Dealing Room on 0800 334 440.
If you wish to unsubscribe at any time from this SMS service please reply to the text message, with “STOP”.
* The material in this SMS service is provided for general information purposes only and is not a personal recommendation or opinion in relation to securities or any other financial instrument. You should not rely solely on the information in this SMS. We recommend that you contact us or speak to your authorised financial adviser if you would like further information. The information contained in each message is correct at the time the message is sent; however as exchange rates are subject to fluctuations, those rates may change after the message is sent.
Products and services offered by the Financial Markets division of Westpac Institutional Bank are provided by Westpac Banking Corporation, New Zealand Branch.