Westpac New Zealand Sustainability Review 2015
This review summarises Westpac New Zealand Limited’s sustainability performance against our sustainability strategy, ‘Our Tomorrow Plan’ over the past three years and takes a look at our plans for the next two. Highlights 2013 – 2015:
- 35% reduction in carbon emissions since our base year, 2008, 15% reduction over the last three years.
- Committed $327 million in gross new lending to businesses whose products and services support the transition to a low carbon economy.
- Contributed to Westpac Group’s position as the top performing bank globally in the benchmark Dow Jones Sustainability Index.
- Increased the proportion of women in leadership from 42% to 46.3%.
- Received the Rainbow Tick for our work to make Westpac an inclusive place of work for all our employees.
- Introduced ‘All in Flex’, where all roles are considered flexible. Also, introduced a portal to make it easier for all people to take advantage of flexible working.
- White Camellia Award for work promoting gender equity through the United Nations Women’s Empowerment Principles (UNWEP).
- Became New Zealand’s first ‘dementia-friendly bank’ in partnership with Alzheimers Auckland to further protect our vulnerable elderly customers from financial abuse.
- Raised $4.47 million for Rescue Helicopters, over and above our sponsorship since 2013.
- 65,808 New Zealanders experienced Westpac financial education to help raise their financial knowledge and skills.
View the full Westpac New Zealand Sustainability Review online here.
Like your own copy?
To request a printed copy of the 2015 Westpac New Zealand Sustainability Review, or to provide feedback, please contact our Sustainability team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Sustainability Report (download PDF)
2015 Westpac Group Annual Review and Sustainability Report
Released 11 November 2015
The annual reporting suite includes Westpac Group's 2015 Annual Review & Sustainability Report (an integrated summary) and 2015 Sustainability Performance Report (a detailed report including additional performance metrics and analysis of performance).
2015 Annual Reporting Suite
Previous years' sustainability reports can be found in our archive.