Award categories & presenting partners
Board and Management
Women working in senior management or as directors whose influence extends beyond the confines of their role and incorporates the personal support and mentoring of others in their communities.
Women working in the public sector at either a local or national level who use their influence to work towards better social inclusion and equality.
Science and Innovation
Women who are driving scientific, technological, or other significant innovation either within their business or workplace or within the broader community.
Women who have substantially developed a business and led its strategy and direction, as an owner or an operator.
Women whose advocacy has helped to create a more diverse workforce. This may include advocacy in the workplace, in government, lobby groups, or the community.
Aged under 25 (as at 28 May 2017) who demonstrate a capacity to act as a catalyst for change, and represent a new generation of leader who advocates for and gives a voice to younger women and their concerns.
Community/Not for profit
Women working in community projects or campaigns in the not for profit sector, which may include health, local education, domestic violence, financial
literacy, cultural or ethnic diversity programmes.
Arts & Culture
Women who contribute to the advancement of arts and culture, either as creative artists or by enabling others to further New Zealand arts and culture.
Women who demonstrate leadership and a positive influence in rural communities and in the primary production sector.
Women whose work is having an impact internationally; New Zealanders whose influence is being felt beyond New Zealand.
Dates to note
|11 April 2017
||Nominations and entries open
|28 May 2017
||Nominations and entries close
|21 June 2017
||Kate Sheppard Women of Influence Event - Wellington
|10 July 2017
||Finalists announced on stuff.co.nz
|7 September 2017
||Women of Influence Forum, SKYCITY Auckland
|7 September 2017
||Awards Gala Dinner, SKYCITY Auckland
Westpac NZ has been helping New Zealanders find the right financial solutions for 154 years.
- With almost 4,700 employees looking after 1.27 million customers Westpac is one of the country’s largest banks.
- With 51% percent of our customer base being female and more than 45% of Westpac’s leaders being women, Westpac NZ has long been a supporter of gender equality in New Zealand.
- In 2014 Westpac Group was ranked number one in ‘Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World’ at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland."
Fairfax Media is the largest integrated metropolitan, rural and regional, magazine and digital media company in Australasia.
- Fairfax Media’s businesses based in New Zealand include community, regional and national newspapers, magazine, events, digital, print and distribution.
- Fairfax Media New Zealand platforms reach 92% of all males and females 10yrs+, with a combined reach of 3.453 million.
Official Wine Partner