Reducing your account costs
Here's some simple tips to cut charges on your bank accounts:
Use Online Banking
- it’s free to access
- setting up or amending your automatic payments online is cheaper than doing it at a branch
- paying your bills online costs less than sending a cheque
- with an Electronic Account you can stop your paper statements & you won’t be charged the monthly account maintenance fee.
Phone Banking and ATMs
- with Phone Banking your first five calls each month are free
- it costs $1 to use another bank's ATM, so stick with using Westpac's ATMs.
Save money on bank accounts
- splitting your pay between your accounts using Payline Split reduces the cost of transferring money between your accounts
- avoid using a savings account as an everyday account to reduce transaction and service fees
- close unused or forgotten accounts.
Fee waivers for superannuitants
Eliminate monthly account maintenance and transaction fees*. These fees are waived if you have an eligible Westpac transaction account direct credited with your
- NZ National Superannuation
- UK Retirement Pension
- NZ War Pension.
*Other service fees will still apply
Fee waivers on junior accounts
There's no monthly maintenance and transaction fees on Junior accounts:
- Electronic Account
- Simple Saver
- Online Saver*
- Online Bonus Saver*
*To operate the Online Saver or Online Bonus Saver accounts, you must hold a Westpac Transaction Account.
Each child can have up to two Junior accounts and the fee waiver is valid until they reach 19 years.
Fee waivers for students and graduates
- free electronic and manual transactions and no account maintenance charges for students
- range of free electronic and manual transactions for 12 months after you graduate
Do you have over $25,000 total personal business with us? You’ll start paying less for your account operating fees on your Flat-fee Access Account.