Ultimate Credit Card Account
Please note: The Ultimate Credit Card Account is no longer available to new personal account holders. Find out more about our new Platinum MasterCard here.
It's for you if:
- you lead a busy life and require a more personalised credit card service
- you use your credit card for most of your purchases, and deserve the most rewards possible for your spend
- you frequently travel abroad for extended periods
Benefits at a glance
- high hotpoints earn rate - up to 2 hotpoints per dollar spent on your credit card
- two cards, one account, more rewards. You’ll receive Westpac hotpoints Premium American Express® Card alongside your Titanium MasterCard, at no extra cost. See “Exclusive Benefits” for more information
- a Concierge and Home Assist service on call 24 hours a day
- Overseas Travel Insurance cover for up to 120 days per round trip*, with no limit to the number of trips you can take each year – that’s a lot of travel! (Conditions apply. See “Exclusive Benefits” for more information)
- Purchase Protection Insurance* and Extended Warranty Insurance* for your purchases (Conditions apply. See “Exclusive Benefits” for more information)
- a MasterCard SideCard™ - a miniature version of your Titanium MasterCard for convenience, emergency and internet use. And you can even set your daily limit
- a preferential interest rate on your purchases
- 6 monthly account fee waiver when you spend $30,000 or more in the six month period between your account charge due dates
- flexibility each month to either pay off your card in full, make any payment above the minimum, or meet the minimum payment of either 2% of the balance owing each month or $5 – whichever is greater
- flexible payment options – set up an automatic payment or direct debit, pay via 24/7 internet or phone banking, transfer funds between your Westpac accounts at any Westpac ATM, make a bill payment from another bank or visit us in branch
- up to 55 days interest-free credit on your purchases
- an embedded microchip for greater card security
- contactless technology for fast and convenient payments (of under $80) on the go with MasterCard PayPass
- a joint or additional card for only $15 each per year
- link your other Westpac accounts to your Titanium MasterCard so you can access them at the checkout and ATMs (Access through ATMs is not available on the Westpac hotpoints Premium American Express® Card)
- view your credit card balance 24/7 via ATMs or online banking (Access through ATMs is not available on the Westpac hotpoints Premium American Express® Card)
- use your credit card to withdraw cash from overseas banks and ATMs displaying the MasterCard and Cirrus acceptance marks. Higher interest rates for cash advances and ATM fees apply (Access through ATMs is not available on the Westpac hotpoints Premium American Express® Card)
- pay no international transaction fee (usually $8) when withdrawing money overseas from an ATM within the Global Alliance Group. See the 'Fees and Rates' tab for more information
- 24-hour emergency credit card assistance
Independent financial analysts at Canstar awarded this card: 5 stars for Outstanding Value. It was awarded in the ‘Big Spender’ category, so whatever you spend, you can be assured you’re getting great value. Learn more at www.canstar.co.nz/credit-cards.
With the Ultimate Credit Card Account, you’ll earn hotpoints on every dollar you spend on your card. These points can then be redeemed for an extensive range of rewards.
The benefits of hotpoints:
- no other rewards programme provides more ways to use your points for travel options, than hotpoints*. With Holiday Credits, you can buy any flight on any airline in the world with your hotpoints credit card, and then use your hotpoints to help pay it back later
- you can also redeem your points for a wide range of retail vouchers and merchandise, donate to charity or contribute to any Westpac KiwiSaver Scheme account
Find out more about hotpoints or visit www.hotpoints.co.nz to see how you could reward yourself.
Two cards, one account, more rewards
With the Ultimate Credit Card Account, two cards are linked to a single account with one shared credit limit for more choice and greater rewards.
To double your rewards earning you’ll get:
- a Westpac hotpoints Premium American Express® Card which earns 2 hotpoints for every dollar you spend, so you can fast track your rewards
- a Titanium MasterCard® which earns you 1.5 hotpoints for every dollar you spend and provides you with worldwide acceptance at over 32 million locations
Your hotpoints will quickly add up!
The benefits of having both credit cards linked to a single account is that you have:
- one shared credit limit
- one annual fee
- one statement with one monthly payment to make
Westpac is the only bank in New Zealand that offers this amazing benefit – and all for no extra cost!
At your service
If you need help day or night simply contact our 24-hour Concierge. Need tickets to a hit show? A new suit from Milan? Fresh tulips from Holland? The Concierge is happy to address your queries.
To save you time, our Home Assist Service is also on call. If you need a repair job around your home or advice, they’re only a phone call away.
Note that any costs incurred by using these services will be at the cardholder’s expense.
Your Travel Cover
You could be covered for up to 120 days per round trip, when you travel overseas** and use your credit card for your prepaid travel costs. A minimum spend applies for different travel regions. Family travelling with you may also be covered when a minimum amount is pre-paid on the card.
Before you travel, call AIG on 0800 465 322 to make sure you’re covered and check out the policy document here for full information.
**Terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria do apply. Refer to the Insurance policy document, available at any Westpac branch.
Your buyer’s companion
For peace of mind your hotpoints Ultimate Credit Card Account also provides:
Purchase Protection Insurance* - When you pay for any purchase in full on your credit card you can rest assured knowing that should the item be lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, it could be covered for replacement for up to 90 days.
Extended Warranty Insurance* – extend a manufacturer’s New Zealand Warranty by up to 12 months on items you pay for in full on your card.
Your fees taken care of
Spend NZ$30,000 or more on your card in a six month period between your account charge due dates, and we’ll waive your next six-monthly account fee.
Get a MasterCard SideCard™
As an added benefit, we can provide you with a miniature version of your Titanium MasterCard, which provides you with all the same benefits.
The advantages of a Mastercard™ SideCard are:
- you can set and change your own daily limit (as long as it's over $100)
- you can buy things online and over the phone and keep your main card number secret (greater security!)
- you can keep it on your key ring for convenience
Interest rates for your hotpoints Ultimate Credit Card Account
|hotpoints Ultimate Credit Card Account - Interest rates|
|Purchases (and other fees & charges)||15.65% p.a.|
|Balance transfer rate
Transfer balances from another bank’s credit card, overdraft, personal loan, or hire purchase agreement to a Westpac credit card.
> More on balance transfers
|0.00% p.a.*special rate for 12 months on the balance transferred
5.95% p.a. for the life of the balance transferred
|Cash advance rate
Cash advances on all Westpac credit cards, excluding those on Portfolio pricing
Fees for your hotpoints Ultimate Credit Card Account
|Ultimate Credit Card Account - Fees|
|Fees on this page are current as at 29 June 2017 and are subject to change.
Some overseas banks may charge an extra fee for a cash advance.
|Fee type||Fee amount|
|Annual account fee
Make $30,000 worth of purchases on your cards in the six month period between your six monthly account charge due dates and we will waive the next six monthly account charge
|$290 per year
Paid in two 6-monthly instalments of $145.
|Cash advance in NZ||using a Westpac ATM||$2 per transaction|
|at other bank ATMs||$2 per transaction|
|Westpac branch teller||$3 per transaction|
|Cash advance overseas||using Global ATM Alliance ATMs||$0 Transaction fees do not apply when using ATMs within the Global ATM Alliance in the respective country shown. Institutions participating in the Global ATM Alliance are subject to change but currently include Deutsche Bank (Germany), Bank of America (United States), Scotiabank (Canada), Barclays Bank (United Kingdom), BNP Paribas (France), Westpac (Australia) and Westpac (New Zealand).The NZ$3 international transaction fee saving applies to Westpac customers only, and is subject to change. All other international and standard fees apply including foreign currency conversion fees apply – see the <a href="http://www.westpac.co.nz/assets/Personal/Your-Money-and-Tailored-Packs/Brochures/transaction_service_fees.pdf" target="_blank">Transaction and Service Fees brochure</a> or <a href="http://www.westpac.co.nz/assets/Personal/Your-Money-and-Tailored-Packs/Brochures/business_transaction_and_service_fees.pdf" target="_blank">Business Transaction and Service Fees brochure</a> for details.|
|using other ATMs or at bank branches||NZ$3 per transaction Note: An ATM service fee may be charged by the ATM provider.|
|Joint/additional cards & SideCards
Fee not charged where SideCard is in primary cardholders name.
|$15 per year
Paid in two 6-monthly instalments of $7.50.
|Late payment fee||$12 per late payment|
|Card over limit
Applies where you exceed your account credit limit during any statement period.
where original card is lost, damaged or stolen
|$15 per card|
|Courier delivery in NZ/overseas||Courier costs where applicable|
|Foreign currency fee||2.50% of NZD converted value of foreign currency transaction amount When you use your Westpac credit card to make an overseas transaction, you'll pay a foreign currency fee. This is currently 2.5% of the New Zealand dollar converted value of the foreign currency transaction amount. A foreign currency conversion fee is applied to purchases, cash withdrawals and any fees and charges in a foreign currency incurred by you from the overseas merchant or merchant bank for that transaction.|
You could take advantage of these programmes from our card partners:
- MasterCard Privileges is the place to indulge in a broad range of local and global experiences across dining, travel, retail and entertainment. With offers handpicked for MasterCard cardholders, spoil yourself at mastercard.co.nz/privileges
*Terms, conditions, exclusions and eligibility criteria apply to insurance cover. Please see the Ultimate Credit Card Account Insurance policy document. Westpac Ultimate Credit Card Account Overseas Travel, Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection Insurances are arranged by Westpac New Zealand Limited and are underwritten by AIG Insurance New Zealand Limited (“AIG”). Westpac does not guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by AIG.
Westpac accepts no responsibility for the availability or content of third party websites. Westpac’s current credit card lending criteria apply to all applications and transfers. Credit Card Conditions of Use will apply. Fees and rates shown are current as at 29 June 2017 but are subject to change. Other charges may apply to some of the transactions and services mentioned – see our Credit Card fees page. hotpoints® is a registered trademark of Westpac Banking Corporation. Hotpoints terms and conditions apply. Overseas cash advances and foreign currency fees may apply. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. hotpoints is a registered trademark of Westpac Banking Corporation. Hotpoints terms and conditions apply. American Express is a trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Westpac New Zealand Limited pursuant to a license from American Express.