Key benefits of Westpac Full Cover Contents insurance
Your old is replaced with new: We’ll replace most household items with new ones when your claim is accepted, no matter how old they are. Certain items are only covered for present day value.
Cover for expensive items: Things like jewellery, cameras, bicycles, sporting equipment and other selected items over $3,000 are covered, when they’re specified on your policy.
Liability for accidental damage to someone else’s property: You’re covered for up to $2 million of damage done accidentally to someone else’s property.
Liability for accidental injury to someone else: You’ll have up to $100,000 of costs covered if someone is accidentally hurt while visiting your property.
New locks, keys or remote doors openers: Up to $2,000 towards the replacement cost if they’re lost or stolen, and you live in your home - with no excess to pay (if your claim extends beyond this benefit and you pay an excess there is no limit to the replacement cost under this benefit).
Flexibility of premium payments: We don’t charge a frequency loading cost, so you can pay your premiums fortnightly or monthly without extra costs. Whichever suits you best.
|You’re also covered for
|Temporary accommodation for you and your dogs and cats if you live in your home and it’s damaged and unable to be lived in
||12 months (max $25,000)
|Items used for a home business
||$10,000 (limits apply)
|Wedding or Christmas presents temporarily stored at your house
||The standard policy limits – refer to your policy for more details
|Fraudulent use of your credit card or cheque book if they’re stolen
|Paintings and artworks
||$10,000 each and $200,000 in total (you can ask for extra cover)
|Your personal belongings during travel to Australia or the Pacific Islands (maximum three weeks travel)
|A payment to your estate if you or your spouse die from a fire or burglary at home
||$5,000 each ($10,000 total)
|A stress payment if you suffer total loss
|Damage caused by your pets
Download the full terms, conditions, exclusions and limits that apply for Westpac’s comprehensive Contents Insurance.
Comprehensive contents insurance pairs well with…
If you’re a homeowner, don’t forget your home insurance too. And take a look at our car and vehicle, life or debt protection insurance options too.
How much cover do I need?
It’s important to tally up all your belongings and their combined value, which will determine how much cover you might need. $60,000? $100,000? You might be surprised how things add up.
Here’s a hand with evaluating the value of your contents:
Download the valuation guide (82.17kb PDF)
How can I save money on my premiums?
Here are some tips that could help you save with comprehensive contents cover:
- you could save money on your premium by increasing your excess
- get a 10% discount on your premium if you live in your own home, and insure it with our home insurance
- get a 4% discount if you live in your home and have an alarm installed by an approved alarm installer
- you’ll pay no policy excess on claims if your monitored alarm activates during a burglary, and a registered security guard responds to the alarm
- get a discount if you’re 50 years old or over, and a bigger discount if you’re over 60 (excludes rental properties or where the policy is in the name of a trust or company).
30-day free look period
- You’re entitled to a free look period of 30 days from the start date of your policy.
- If you decide this cover is not for you within the free look period, please call us on 0800 809 378 and we’ll refund any premiums you’ve paid