How Can We Help
Don’t let lost luggage – or worse – ruin your holiday. Our travel insurance is designed for recreational travel, and includes a 24-hour call centre for emergencies, to make sure you could have help when and where you need it.
Or give us a call on
0800 400 600
- delays and missed travel connections
- emergency medical and dental treatment
- loss or damage to luggage and belongings
- extra cover for specified value items
- buying essential items and clothing if your luggage is delayed or goes missing for more than 12 hours
- cover for the loss of deposits paid for travel, accommodation or other items that are un-used and non-refundable
- your liability if you accidentally harm someone or their property and are held liable
You have the option to apply for extra cover for
- valuable items you’re taking with you or plan to buy overseas
- pre-existing health conditions
Some sporting and adventure activities are not covered. This includes things like:
- racing (other than on foot)
- white-water rafting
- bungy jumping
Check with us before you leave to make sure you know what’s covered.
Travel Line can help you with:
- medical arrangements
- emergency travel assistance
- locating lost luggage
- cancelling and replacing lost credit cards and travellers' cheques
Contact Travel Line 24 hours a day
- in New Zealand phone 0800 803 805
- from overseas phone + 64-9-969 5550 (and transfer the charge by calling the local operator)
Westpac Travel Insurance is arranged by Westpac New Zealand Limited ("Westpac") and underwritten by IAG New Zealand Limited (“IAG NZ”). Westpac does not guarantee the obligations of, or any products issued by IAG NZ. Westpac will receive commission payments as a result of the arrangement of IAG NZ policies.For IAG NZ’s financial strength rating please click here.
The information contained on this page is intended as a general guide only and may vary at times. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limits apply. More detail can be found in the policy document (downloaded here as a PDF, or obtained from any Westpac branch free of charge). The availability of any insurance cover is subject to the acceptance and approval of a complete application.
Any payment is subject to your claim being accepted.