Law & accountancy
From day-to-day banking, to flexible finance, we assist law firms and accountancy firms with tailored solutions. Our Professional Services Specialists and our Business team, are on hand with industry specific financial guidance and support.
Or give us a call on
0800 177 100
Finance for your business
Work with one of our business managers to create financial solutions for your law firm or accountancy firm.
Our flexible and competitive finance solutions include:
- an overdraft facility to assist with fluctuations in working capital
- loan and interest rate options for longer-term finance needs
- up to 100% finance of the GST exclusive purchase price of new IT or other equipment – this is using the purchased assets as security in most cases
- loans for your business partners to make new capital contributions
Smart investment options
Our team can also provide investment options for you and your clients including:
- on-call savings accounts to earn interest on your firm’s deposits
- Multi-Deposit Scheme (MDS), a money management service to help you look after money on behalf of your clients (available through DeskBank)
- term deposits for surplus funds
Benefits for partners
Talk to us about preferential rates and savings for partners of your firm. In addition, specialist investment advisers can provide advice across all asset classes and assist with retirement or succession planning.
Banking and settlement needs
We can look after your day-to-day banking and settlement needs with:
- special pricing for professional firms on transaction accounts
- easy to set up and manage trust accounts
- same-day transfer of settlement funds to accounts at most NZ banks (specifically designed for solicitors and available through DeskBank)
- streamlined staff expense management with Westpac MasterCard BusinessCard
- competitive rates for credit card processing and for leasing an EFTPOS terminal
- enhanced banking and payment processes
You can access and manage your accounts through DeskBank or Business Online.
- DeskBank is a Windows-based Software Package installed on your PC or network. It offers the Multi-Deposit Scheme (MDS) which helps solicitors manage funds on behalf of their clients. It also has the capability for same-day transfer of settlement funds to most NZ bank accounts via the SDCP system. SDCP is an electronic, real-time irrevocable payment in New Zealand dollars.
Read more about what you can do with DeskBank
- Business Online is an online service designed to streamline your banking and provide greater control. It makes it easier to process bulk payments when two or three people need to authorize transactions.
Read more about what you can do with Business Online
Helping you manage risks
We can also provide risk management advice and help with:
- commercial insurance options – from key person protection to building and contents cover
- interest rate risk management – strategies using market derivative products
- advice and products to help reduce the risk around handling money internationally and converting currencies
Refer to the relevant website pages for detailed information on each Westpac product or service mentioned. Terms, conditions, fees and charges apply to Westpac products and services. Applications for finance are subject to Westpac’s current lending criteria.You can get a copy of the current disclosure statement for Westpac New Zealand Limited and the investment statement for any securities for which an investment statement is required from any Westpac branch in New Zealand free of charge. Disclosure Statements under the Financial Advisers Act are available on request and free of charge from a Westpac Financial Adviser.